Our caucus meeting will be Friday, February 23, at 7:30pm at the San Diego Convention Center, Room 30 ABC. Line forms at 6:30pm for early seating and doors will open at 7:00pm. Please check in before entering, as we will be handing out voting credentials during check-in.
Progressive Caucus Agenda
- Chair welcomes members and calls meeting to order.
- Approval of the PC minutes from E-Board meeting.
- Officer reports, including Treasurer’s Report.
- Members vote on proposed bylaws changes & Statement of Principles.
- CNA Single Payer Update
- Main Program – “This is What Unity Looks Like: A Conversation about the Unity Reform Commission and the Democratic Party”
- Announcements & Candidate Visits if time permits.
- Chair Adjourns the Meeting.
Featured Panel: “Unity Reform Commission” Discussion
We have lined up an amazing panel to discuss DNC reforms at Friday’s caucus. “This is What Unity Looks Like: A Conversation about the Unity Reform Commission and the Democratic Party,” features DNC leaders and reform advocates: U.S. Representative Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii CD 2), former Nevada State Assemblymember and DNC member Lucy Flores (Our Revolution), and DNC member James Zogby (Our Revolution). Author and activist Norman Solomon (RootsAction) will moderate.
CNA Single Payer Update
CNA’s Catherine Kennedy will give a brief talk about the alternatives to SB 562 being pushed and why Single Payer does all of that and more. She will also cover some of the 2018 political context all of these things are operating in – progressives ought to find the update very interesting.