Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can join the Progressive Caucus of the California Democratic Party?
Californians who are registered to vote as Democrats may join the Progressive Caucus.
- How do I join the Progressive Caucus?
You can join online through the CADEM site or at a caucus meeting. Details are on the How to Join page.
- When and where are the caucus meetings?
The Progressive Caucus meets annually at the California Democratic Party Convention and during the quarterly Executive Board meetings between conventions.
- What are the ways that the caucus communicates online?
The Progressive Caucus has a variety of official ways to reach out to our members and followers. In addition to this site, we have an announcements list, a Facebook page, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Where can caucus members participate in discussions relevant to the caucus?
The Progressive Caucus hosts discussion groups on an email listserv and in a Facebook group. Please join us.
- How do I report violations of the email protocols?
If you discover that posters are violating the email protocols that the caucus agreed upon, please let us know by filling out this form.
- Can I ignore certain emails sent to the listserv?
Yes, depending on the features of your email tool, you may block emails by certain senders. For example, if you use Google’s Gmail, follow these instructions.
- How do I share a resolution I have written with other members of the Progressive Caucus?
There are several ways to do this. You may use the discussion groups on email or Facebook to share, get feedback on, and solicit support for your resolution.
- How do I add a club to your regional club listings?
You may reach out to your regional chair or the communications officer to tell them about your club and to ask them to add it to this page. Alternately, you may use the comment feature on the regional club listing, and once approved it will appear on the page.