The Progressive Caucus of the California Democratic Party will meet during the CADEM Executive Board, on November 18, at 8:15PM-10:15PM in the Westin San Francisco Airport. We will be co-caucusing with the Arab American Caucus of the CDP.
Joint Progressive Caucus & Arab American Caucus Agenda
California Democratic Party Executive Board Meeting
Sat., Nov.18, 2017 (8:15-10:15) in the Aspen Room
The WestinSan Francisco Airport
1 Old Bayshore Highway, Millbrae, CA 94030
- Arab American Caucus Chair Iyad Afalqa & Progressive Caucus Chair Karen Bernal welcome members & call meeting to order.
- Quorum & approval of the agenda.
- Officer reports
- Election for Progressive Caucus Communications & Media Officer
- PC Secretary Marcy Winograd introduces the candidates. Each candidate presents for up to two minutes.
- Update on the impact of Trump’s Muslim Ban – Speaker from CAIR-SF.
- UPTE-CWA Presentation: The $48 Fix/Reclaim California’s Master Plan for Higher Education – Speaker: Jonathan Abboud.
- Update on anti-BDS legislation – Speakers: David Mandel and Iyad Afalqa
- Autopsy Report: The Democratic Party in Crisis – Speaker: Karen Bernal
- Chairs adjourn the meeting.
Download a printable version of this agenda and the previous minutes for both caucuses as PDF.
Photo credit: Amy J. Smith © 2017.