Karen Bernal, Chair of the Progressive Caucus of the California Democratic Party, co-authored an analysis of the 2016 election called Autopsy: The Democratic Party in Crisis. The white paper hit the media on Monday, October 30, and has received attention from numerous media outlets, including The Nation and The Washington Times.
Democrats will not win if they continue to bring a wonk knife to a populist gunfight. Nor can Democratic leaders and operatives be seen as real allies of the working class if they’re afraid to alienate big funders or to harm future job or consulting prospects.
— “Autopsy: The Democratic Party in Crisis.”
Karen and co-author Norman Soloman held a press conference at the National Press Club on Thursday, November 2, 2017.
November 12, 2017
November 8, 2017
- Democracy Now: Voters Reject Republican Candidates as New “Autopsy” Report Finds the Democratic Party in Crisis
November 7, 2017
- The Washington Post: Have Democrats Learned Their Lesson? There’s Reason for Hope.
November 3, 2017
November 2, 2017
National Press Club: The Democratic Party in Crisis: News Conference (see above)
November 1, 2017
- The Progressive: Can the Democrats Save Themselves?
October 30, 2017
- The Nation: What Killed the Democratic Party?
- Common Dreams: To Address Historic Failures, Autopsy Urges ‘Progressive Reboot’ for Democrats
- Common Dreams: New “Autopsy” of Democratic Party Reveals Continued Missteps Since 2016 Election, Neglect of Base, Failure to Make Needed Changes to Regain Momentum
- Institute for Public Accuracy:
Mueller Indictments Won’t Save Democrats at Election Time: New Report
- La Opinion: Demócratas ponen en riesgo futuras elecciones, advierte informe
- Down With Tyranny: Finally! A 2016 Democratic Party Autopsy – Albeit Not From The DNC